Monday, January 30, 2012

Is Thanksgiving week a good time to visit Disney?

I usually visit Walt Disney World with the family over Easter break. However I will be starting a new career as an elementary school teacher in the fall, so I am almost positive that my spring break and my kids will be different. I am not a big fan of taking them out of school for vacation, and I am starting a new job so I can't really take a ton of time off. Thanksgiving looks like a good time to coordinate schedules. I have visited Disney more times than I can count, but never over Thanksgiving. What do you think?Is Thanksgiving week a good time to visit Disney?
i definitely recommend going during this time it is my favorite. Disney decorated for the holidays is beautiful. Also if you have never gone to Epcot's holidays around the world it is excellent. You should call dining to reserve a package for candlelight night. You get preferred seating at the theatre and a meal for a certain price depending on where you want to eat. i am actually going that very weekend, and i choose to eat at France. There is holiday story telling at America in Epcot, in Magic Kingdom they have a special party for the holidays at night. It is truly a magical time to be a Disney, oh and you cant beat the weather. Yes it will be crowded but about the same as Easter. New years is the busiest time for them.
a lot of people are saying it will be pretty crowded. WELL IT WON'T.

i've been to disney world 44 times and half of those times were in the last 2 weeks of november. if it was really crowded we wouldn't have continued to go during that ime.

and my parents have been going in november since magic kingdom opened in 1971 so obviously if it was super crowded they would have pick a different time of year.



obviously no matter when you go there will be people there but around thanksgiving is not excessively crowded and you will have to wait in lines but they aren't that long.



and it doesn't matter if you go to a park on thanksgiving its not going to be super crowded. we always went to a park on thanksgiving and the crowds weren't any heavier or lighter than the day before.



i highly recommend going at the end of november!

wether is great, lines aren't long, xmas decorations are all up.

Is Thanksgiving week a good time to visit Disney?
We also went during the kid's school break and it was really crowded. My wife used Custom Mouse Plans and it worked out really great. We didn't get stuck in the the long lines and the kids got to ride all the best rides. Some of the waits were as long as 2 hours later in the day, but we had already been on those rides. My wife is a teacher too, so we can only go on school vacations when it is crowded.
I think any time I can go to Disney is a good time! However, it will be crowded. When we went over the holidays, I hired a planning service to create touring plans so we wouldn't get stuck in long lines. We used Custom Mouse Plans and they were great. We never waited more than 15 minutes for any rides, even on New Year's Day. I would definitely use them again if I were traveling during a busy time of year. You might want to check them out.Is Thanksgiving week a good time to visit Disney?
I have been a couple of times over Thanksgiving, and it's not really that bad. I hear it has gotten worse in the last few years, but it's still not terrible. It's definitely better than Christmas, plus a lot of the decorations will be up or be going up.
Well if you have already been there over Easter you are familiar with the crowds..it is crowded during Thanksgiving but overall the weather should be in the low to mid 70's I think. And you get to see lots of Christmas decorations if you go over Thanksgiving
It will be very crowded. But not as crowded as it is between xmas %26amp; new years.
I think its a great idea. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment