Thursday, January 26, 2012

What do you think of a restaurant in Disney banning kids?

Is it good for business or anti-family?

I hate when parents cannot control their child during dinner, a movie, or a plane ride! It happens too often. I think it's good business for Disney to realize that not all adults love every little darling.

I don't really see a downside for Disney or the people who want to enjoy their overpriced meal.

What are your thoughts?What do you think of a restaurant in Disney banning kids?
I have been to Disney many, many times. Mainly as an adult without children but also a child.



While it is hard for me to imagine Disney would ever actually take an official "no children" stance for any of their restaurants (especially within any of the parks), being that the vast majority of guest are there with children, there are certainly many high-end restaurants where "no children" is very heavy implied. With a little research it is rather easy to find a dining experience outside of the parks, but on Disney property, that would be free of cranky toddlers.



As for the comment about children acting up and not knowing how that family lives or if the children are ever disciplined, I wanted to say that I thought the same way before I had any children of my own, but quite frankly, just like adult, sometimes kids are just in bad moods. No matter how fantastic a parent you are and how well your children normally behave, make sure to not pat yourself on the back too soon. It is only a matter of time for your darling little one decides to humiliate you in front of the world.
I think it is quite reasonable to ban kids in most of the upscale restaurants. They are already banned in Vickie and Al's, thank goodness. Whether it remain as profitable is another question. I suppose many families are "forced" to eat in the more expensive restaurants when the others are full. If kids were banned at the only available restaurants, where would the family go? Either Off Disney Property (shudder!) or to a food court. While a table may go empty at the upscale restaurant.What do you think of a restaurant in Disney banning kids?
I think that it would make Disney look bad considering that it is such a family oriented vacation spot. I do however get where you're coming from. I think another way to go with this would be to designate a section of a restaurant to be "adults only." I think a lot of families would be mad/complain if they were to make a whole restaurant that does not allow children, especially if those parents want to try it out, but are with their kids the entire trip.
I am sure there are well over 50 restaurants in the Magic Kingdom and if they want a kid free one I do not see any problem with that. If they are doing that there must be a demand for one or people have suggested it. The customers will tell you whether it is a good idea or not by how much business the restaurant gets.

I know if I was to go on a romantic dinner with my significant other and I was surrounded by screaming kids I would not be happy about it...if I had the option to go to a kid free pllace I would take advantage of it.

I have stayed at kid free resorts when traveling and always thought it was nice. Not that I do not love kids but sometimes it is nice to get away.What do you think of a restaurant in Disney banning kids?
I agree with you. Disney attracts all sorts of people, not just families with kids. And some of those people really don't want to be bothered with annoying brats while they are on vacation. I feel that no one should have a problem with Disney doing this because there are tons of other family oriented restaurants inside of Disney for those with kids to pick from.
Well, if it's only one restaurant, then sure, why not?? I understand adults who would like a nice quiet setting. However, it wouldn't appeal to the majority of Disney visitors since most visiting have kids. But this is definitely a possibility that I would take under consideration.
I think it could go either way. When parents can't control their kids it's annoying but think of it like this. Do u actually know how that family live. Maybe they are Ppl who need some help or maybe their is no punishment, you never know. I can also c y they said no to kids cuz of the screaming and all but maybe it's a restraint in Disney for a parents get away. I hope tht answers it 4 ya!:)
Having just been there a year ago (9 day trip) I found that the more "upsacle" restaurants later at night were pretty devoid of other folks "lil darlings". That being said I would think that Disney could potentially do better in offering more adult only venues. The "party Island" (cant think of the name.Pleasure Island ??) in Downtown Disney is also a place to consider.
Being a 'family oriented' resort, that would be really hard to do. I agree, though it would be nice to be able to enjoy a nice quiet 'adult' dinner, while there... so I would suggest a cutoff time for kids to dine in certain more upscale places, say maybe 8 p.m. - After that it's adults only!
I have a little one and at times he can be a bit fiesty. I would rather not receive the "mean" looks from those who don't understand what is is like to have children - so let them eat in their own place in Disney. They don't have to like my kids - I have no problem with that.
Considering Disney is aimed at kids, it's kind of a dumb idea. But I know some adults go to Disney without kids, so I can't argue that that'd be nice for them. Controversial, definitely, but I think we can all agree Disney's doing pretty well either way.
Wish more restaurants would follow suit. We don't have children for a reason but that doesn't mean we don't like theme parks and such. Before our bars and restaurants went smoke-free they'd ask which section and we would always say "non-children".
NO ONE WILL GO THERE!!! ONLY FAMILIES GOOOO TO DISNEY!
I only go on "Gay Days".
nope
  • international trucks
  • german english translation
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment